We are always keen to hear from driven professionals who have experience in optics, ophthalmics, 3D printing, mechatronics, and materials. Please forward your CV if you are interested.
Luxexcel is a pioneering company with exciting opportunities.
Luxexcel has developed and is commercializing 3D print solutions for eyewear lenses and we are currently the only company in the world offering 3D printing for lenses. The technology is uniquely positioned to combine prescription with encapsulation of smart devices into lenses. With our technology our customers can create lenses that are look like regular lenses, provide durability to the smart eyewear and correct vision.
The company has several VisionPlatforms installed across Europe and will be installing several more in the foreseeable future.
- You develop advanced strategies to improve the process capabilities of the VisionEngine to meet the end-product quality of the 3D printed lenses.
- You have an eye for the bigger picture and create solutions that are seamlessly integrated into the platform.
- You combine analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and structured way of working to deliver sustainable project results.
- You will manage projects to implement sustainable changes.
Skills and experience
- Masters (MSc) degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- You are an independent, perseverant and systematic worker with a goal-oriented and analytical mindset, with respect for planning and deadlines
- Minimum 10 years of experience R&D/process development
- You have a strong knowledge of statistics and you are able to automate data- processing in python or R.
- Experience in breaking down high-level (e.g. end-product level) performance issues into addressable action items.
- Must possess process engineering skills (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Experience with UV-curable inkjet processes is highly preferred.
- Good knowledge of physics, optics and software to support the ability to truly understand the production-process and the end-product.
It is expected that the person taking up this role:
- is self-starting,
- taking ownership of the responsibilities,
- solutions driven, result oriented
- communicates very clearly external and internal with all stakeholders
- can take on and handle goals independently, with respect for planning and deadlines
Luxexcel has developed and is commercializing 3D print solutions for eyewear lenses. We are currently the only company in the world offering 3D printing for lenses. The technology is uniquely positioned to combine prescription with encapsulation of smart devices into lenses. With our technology our customers can create lenses, that are look like regular lenses, provide durability to the smart eyewear and correct vision and all of this today. We have operations in Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
The company has several VisionEngine platforms installed across Europe and will be installing several more this year. To meet the demand of our customer to print lenses in volume, Luxexcel start the development of the next generation platform.
To support this development in a solid way we are looking for a head of engineering.
What can you expect in a Head of Engineering role?
- Taking responsibility for the engineering development needed for introduction the next generation high volume VisionEngine platform.
- Contributing to the specification, concept development and qualification of designs
- Managing external supplier(s) for the manufacturing
- Building an engineering team in line with the growth and strategy of the company.
- Stepping into a new position in a new team as a Manager.
The job is based in Turnhout and the person reports directly to the Chief Product Officer
You should apply if you:
- Have a master degree in mechanical precision engineering or equivalent.
- Have a dedicated knowledge of precision engineering, opto-mechanics and high precision alignment.
- Have a successful track record designing high tech equipment.
- Are original out of the box thinker yet persistent, practical and results oriented.
- Have the ability to keep a technical overview, set priorities and realize design targets.
- Are able to give direction irrespective of technical uncertainties within own level of competence.
- Are self-motivated, proactive and responsible team player and coach.
- Have excellent social, coordination and communication skills in an international, multicultural setting.
- Speak fluent English.
What it`s like to work at Luxexcel:
You`ll spend your time collaborating with talented and motivated colleagues from across the globe, an exciting environment, bringing game-changing technology to the next level. Luxexcel is a startup environment with opportunities to grow with the company and create unique technology and enable the dream of smart eyewear for everyone.
Salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills of the applicant. We offer also legal benefits such as holiday allowance, a group and hospitalization insurance, eco vouchers. You are in the ability to work regularly from home and have flexible hours.