Last updated: April 7th, 2022
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to all (i) website visitors, and (ii) contacts and representatives of customers of Luxexcel Group B.V., Luxexcel N.V. and Luxexcel Inc. (referred to in this Privacy Statement as “Luxexcel”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). For the purposes of the GDPR, Luxexcel Group B.V. is the data controller. This Privacy Statement gives you insight in our privacy practices and principles and provides information on the data we collect. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com.
Luxexcel processes personal data (i) to run our website, (ii) to provide services to our customers, and (iii) for general processing purposes described below. For more specific information on the cookies and similar technologies used in this respect, please refer to our Cookie Statement.
We process your personal data to provide, maintain and improve our website and for our social media activities.
- The persons involved. People who visit the Luxexcel website.
- The purpose of the processing. When you visit the Luxexcel website, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- functioning, analyzing and improving the Luxexcel website; and
- responding to your enquiries and messages submitted via the ‘contact’ form.
- Website Visits – data that is processed. When you visit the Luxexcel website, we process information about you which is collected automatically, including the following:
- IP address;
- device ID;
- browser type; and
- other technical information (e.g. regarding the interaction between your device and our website, the web pages that were visited, the links clicked and the log data).
- Contact Form – data that is processed. When you reach out to us via the ‘contact’ form we process your contact information, including the following personal data:
- email address;
- first name;
- last name;
- job title*;
- company name*;
- your interest (selected from a drop-down menu)*; and
- your message.
* Please note that these fields are optional.
- Legal grounds for the processing. We process your personal data (for website visits and the contact form) because it is in our legitimate interest to offer our website and related social media, and to respond to your message via the ‘contact’ form to be responsive to you and promote our business.
- Social media platforms. Luxexcel uses different social media platforms, including for marketing purposes. Luxexcel is not responsible for the management of the social media platforms. For more information about how your data will be used by such social media platforms, we refer to the information already available on the websites of the suppliers of these platforms. Below we have included links to the privacy policies of various suppliers of social media platforms, which we use:
We process personal data in order to provide our services to Luxexcel customers and – if applicable – to deliver any orders to Luxexcel customers.
- The persons involved. Contact persons, representatives and employees of our customers who use our services or buy our products.
- The purpose of the processing. When our customers use our services or buy our products, we will process personal data for the following purposes:
- to send information regarding our services and products, including about our 3D printed lenses;
- to answer questions regarding our services and products;
- to deliver our services and products; and
- to provide quotes and invoices.
- The data that is processed. We process information about you, including the following personal data:
- contact details, such as e-mail address;
- if applicable, shipping details, such as address; and
- invoice details and related payment information.
- Legal grounds for the processing. We process your personal data in the context of delivering our services and products on one of the following grounds:
- Legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest in providing our services and products and administering and promoting our business.
- Performance of a contact. We have to process certain personal data to provide you with our services or products in order to perform our agreement with you or take steps prior to entering that agreement.
We process personal data for other purposes set out below.
- The persons involved. Website visitors and contact persons, representatives and employees of our customers who use our services or buy our products.
- The purpose of the processing. We process personal data for the following purposes:
- for maintenance, administration and network and security purposes
- for internal control and business operations;
- for analyzing and improving our products and services;
- for handling any requests, complaints and disputes;
- for determining, exercising and defending our rights; and
- for complying with legal obligations (including fraud prevention) and requests of authorized governmental institutions.
- The data that is processed. We process your information, including the personal data set out at sections (i) and (ii) above.
- Legal grounds for the processing. We process your personal data because it is in our legitimate interest to administer and run our business. We may also be under legal obligations to process personal data.
We obtain your personal data in various ways:
- Provided by you. Some personal data we receive directly from you. Examples include information in your messages to us via our contact page.
- Obtained from third parties. We also obtain personal data about you from other persons or external parties. For example, for we obtain information about you from the Luxexcel customer you represent and/or work for.
- Automatically obtained. We automatically obtain some personal data and technical information. When your computer or mobile device contacts our web servers, our web servers automatically collect usage information. Such usage information includes information about how our website visitors use and navigate our website. It can include the number and frequency of visitors to each web page and the length of their stays, browser type, and referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting our website.
We will inform you if the provision of certain personal data is a legal or contractual obligation or an essential requirement for concluding an agreement with us. Otherwise, you are under no obligation to provide any information about yourself to us.
- With service providers and vendors: We share personal data with service providers and vendors who help us provide our services or perform our contract with you, such as our customer relationship management systems, and for business administration purposes.
- Regulators and judicial authorities and law enforcement agencies, and other third parties for safety, security, or compliance with the law. We will share your personal data with regulators, law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other authorized government institutions, such as, courts, police, and law enforcement agencies: (i) in response to a legal obligation; (ii) if we have determined that it is necessary to share your personal data to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders and regulatory inquiries; (iii) to protect the interests of, and ensure the safety and security of us, our users, a third party or the public; (iv) to exercise or defend legal claims; and (v) to enforce our terms and conditions, other applicable terms of service or other agreements.
- With our affiliates. We share your personal data with companies within our corporate group in our legitimate interests of running an efficient and successful business.
- A third party that acquires all or part of us or our business. We will share your personal data with a prospective buyer, seller, new owner, or other relevant third party as necessary while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
Protecting your privacy and personal data is important to us. Luxexcel has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect and secure personal data.
We sometimes transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, our colleagues from outside the EEA can access customer information to prepare quotes.
We transfer your personal data from the EEA to other countries in accordance with the European Commission’s adequacy decisions or, where there is no adequacy decision, the standard contractual clauses. See this link for details of the Standard Contractual Clauses. Where appropriate, additional safeguards are taken.
In specific situations we also rely on the derogations from article 49 GDPR to legitimize the data transfer. This means that we may transfer your personal data: (i) with your explicit consent, (ii) if this is necessary for the performance of a contract that has been concluded with you or has been concluded in your interest, or (iii) if this is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Lastly, in exceptional cases we may also transfer personal data if the data transfer is necessary for our compelling legitimate interests and is not overridden by your interests or rights and freedoms.
You can contact us if you want additional information about the way in which we legitimize the transfer of your personal data to countries outside the EEA. Our contact details are stated at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
We retain your personal data for as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
• The duration of our relationship with you and the ongoing provision of our services to you;
• Whether there is a legal or regulatory obligation which require us to retain certain records for a specific period of time;
• Whether retention of personal information is legitimate based on litigation or a legal or regulatory procedure.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we process about you. Some of these rights only apply in certain, limited circumstances. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our mailing address set out in the ‘contact us’ section below.
- Right of access. You have the right to request access to your personal data and certain other information about how we process that personal data.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request erasure of your personal data.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interest as processing ground (see above).
- Right to restriction. You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal data we hold about you other than for storage purposes.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party of your choice in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Automated decision-making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, which significantly impacts you – please note, though, that we do not make use of any automated decision-making.
- Right to withdraw consent. If our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to complain. If you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at email@example.com and we will endeavour to deal with your concerns as soon as possible. However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you live or work or where you consider we have infringed data protection laws. Please see this webpage for an overview of EU supervisory
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time and we will publish any updates on the Luxexcel website.